6iIUoRA2vzvjw1Kx7ga8Vy0GZYM

Address.

The Bexhill 100 Motoring Club

PO Box 159

Bexhill - on - Sea

East Sussex

TN39 3XE

Bexhill 100 Motoring Club

Copyright 2011-2012 Bexhill 100 Motoring Club

Bexhill on Sea - The Birthplace of British Motor Racing (1902)

Bexhill 100 Motoring Club official website
FBHVC_master_logo[1]
images

1953 ASTON MARTIN DB 2/4 Mk 1

DSCF4955-Optimized
press to zoom
DSCF4955-Optimized
press to zoom
DSCF4954-Optimized
press to zoom
DSCF4961-Optimized
press to zoom
DSCF4962-Optimized
press to zoom
DSCF4964-Optimized
press to zoom
DSCF4963-Optimized
press to zoom
DSCF4959-Optimized
press to zoom
DSCF4958-Optimized
press to zoom
DSCF4960-Optimized
press to zoom
1/1

Engine

6 Cylinder in line, OHV

Bore: 83mm

Stroke: 90 mm

Displacement: 2,922 cc

Compression ratio: 8.2-1

Piston area: 50.3 sq in

Valves: overhead(twin o.h. camshafts)

Carburettors: twin SU

Max power: 140 bhp at 5,000rpm

 

Transmission

4 speed manual

Clutch: s.d.p. Borg & Beck

Ratios: top 3.77, 3rd 5.01,

2nd 7.45,

1st 11.0, reverse 11.0 to one

Propellar Shaft: Hardy Spicer open

Final drive: Salisbury hypoid

Performance

Maximum speed: 120mph

Acceleration: 0-60 mph 11.1 secs

 

Wheels

Knock-on 16in wire wheels

with 16 x 6.00 crossply

 

Dimensions & Weight

Wheelbase: 8ft 3in

Track front & rear: 4ft 6in

Overall length: 14ft 31/2in

Overall width: 5ft 101/2in

Overall height: 4ft 61/2in

Ground clearance: 81/2in

Dry weight: 231/2cwt

Turning circle: 35ft

Construction

Multi tube spaceframe,

aluminium panels

 

Steering

Burman re-circlating ball

 

Suspension

Front: independent coil & trailing arms Rear: rigid axle & parrallelogram linkage

Shock absorbers: Armstrong hydraulic

 

Production

Mkl: 1953-54 565

Saloon: 451

Drophead: 102

Chassis: 12

Mkll: 1954-57 199

Price new: £2,889

Manufactured at the Feltham factory in 1953. First registered January 1954, Sold to Mr Malverone for £2.600. Plus purchase tax, as a 21st birthday present for his son. Sold six months later to A. J. Harmsworth [of magazines and encyclopaedia fame] also as a present for his son. Little history recorded for the car from thereon, but it was used in various club events, and was last actively seen in the paddock at Silverstone in 1966. The last registered owner was Mr Peter J. Brown.It then passed to another un registered owner who totally dismantled the car into component parts, and subsequently died; the car was purchased from his widow in 1976, and came as two trailer loads of bits. The present owner and his wife took four years for the mechanical rebuild, and a further year to complete the interior and trim.

OLF 756 has now covered 88,000 miles, of touring, road rallying etc through England and Europe, and driven on many of the racing circuits.

All work in the restoration [other than crankshaft regrinding] has been completed totally, by us; all carried out in a single garage.

One great coincidence, my name is also Peter J. Brown [the same as the last log book entry in 1966!]

Click on picture to increase to full size, then click on arrow to move from picture to picture.