The Bexhill 100 Motoring Club
PO Box 159
Bexhill - on - Sea
Bexhill 100 Motoring Club
Copyright 2011-2012 Bexhill 100 Motoring Club
Bexhill on Sea - The Birthplace of British Motor Racing (1902)
Event for February 2014
February is always a very quite month for what’s going on. The only item to report on was our Friday meeting which was held at the”Cooden Beach Hotel”. Apart from the usual meeting announcements and Pauline’s raffle, Heidi & Chris as we have all become aware of a fiendish quiz. See below for the questions. If you require the answers please email this site and I will email them to you.
ROUND ONE - GEOGRAPHY
1. What is the name of the official national anthem of the USA?
2. Which female politician was the Prime Minister of Australia between 2010 and 2013?
3. What is the capital city of Afghanistan?
4. Which two colours are on the flag of Poland?
5. Which is the only US state to begin with the letter ‘P’
6. On a Monopoly board, which street shares the same colour as Leicester Square and Piccadilly?
7. The bank Santander shares its name with a town in which country?
8. Paraguay has borders with Brazil, Bolivia and which other country?
9. In which country is Mount Everest?
10. What is the national currency of Egypt?
ROUND TWO – TV AND FILM
1. Which actor was the first to play Doctor Who?
2. The Eastenders theme tune was given lyrics and released as a single in 1986 by Anita Dobson – but what was the sing called?
3. Which actor played the original ‘Granddad’ in Only Fools and Horses?
4. In 2008, Kate Winslet finally won an Academy Award for Best Actress – but which film was it for?
5. The first three films of which child actress were Tiger Bay (1959), Pollyanna (1960) and The Parent Trap (1961)?
6. Which actress links ‘The Darling Buds of May’ and ‘Rosemary and Thyme’?
7. What was the name of the sequel to the 1986 film Highlander?
8. And which band recorded the soundtrack to the first Highlander film?
9. In the 1994 Disney film the Lion King, which actor provided the voice of the evil lion ‘Scar’?
10. In the film Mary Poppins, who played Mrs Banks, mother to Jane and Michael?
ROUND THREE – PICTURE ROUND
ROUND FOUR – LANGUAGE
1. What is the French word for ‘Tuesday’?
2. How many points is the letter J worth in a game of Scrabble?
3. Head is to hat, as hand is to… which word?
4. The word ‘bungalow’ is derived from which language?
5. What is the correct spelling of millennium? (This does not really work on paper)
6. The German word ‘Luft’ translates into English as what?
7. Which famous celebrity is ‘A Pretender’ – when the letters of his name are rearranged?
8. Algophobia is a fear of what?
9. What is the official language of Togo?
10. If I were ‘acersecomic’, what would I have never done?
ROUND FIVE – FOOD AND DRINK
1. Eggs Benedict traditionally consists of a muffin, topped with poached egg, either ham or bacon and which type of sauce?
2. What is a chipolata?
3. Which famous building would you find on the front of an HP Sauce bottle?
4. Which country does the brand of ‘Leffe’ beer come from?
5. What is missing from the white sauce recipe; salt, pepper, milk, flour and…
6. What type of food is pumpernickel?
7. Pad Thai is a dish containing predominantly what?
8. Which fruit was previously known as a Chinese gooseberry?
9. What is currently the world record for the number of Ferrero Rocher eaten in one minute?
10. Peach Melba was a dessert to honour a lady who had which profession?