Address.

The Bexhill 100 Motoring Club

PO Box 159

Bexhill - on - Sea

East Sussex

TN39 3XE

Bexhill 100 Motoring Club

Copyright 2011-2012 Bexhill 100 Motoring Club

Bexhill on Sea - The Birthplace of British Motor Racing (1902)

Bexhill 100 Motoring Club official website

e-mail: bexhill100@bexhill100mc.co.uk

FBHVC_master_logo[1] images

Morris Minor Traveller October 1969

Click on picture to increase to full size, then click on arrow to move from picture to picture.

BACK

 

Engine

4 Cylinder inline water cooled

Displacement: 1,098 cc

Bore: 64.6mm

Stroke: 83.7mm

Valves: Pushrod/overhead

Compression ratio: 7.5:1

Carburettors: Single SU HS2

Max Power: 48bhp at 5,100 rpm

 

Performance

Maximum speed: 74 mph

Acceleration: 0-60 mph 24secs

Overall fuel consumption: 35-40mpg

 

Brakes

Hydraulic, Front 8in drums,

Rear 7in drums

Transmission

Clutch: Single dry-plate diaphragm

Gearbox: 4-speed,

Ratios: Top 1:1, 2nd 2.172:1,

1st 3.628:1 3rd 1.412:1

Reverse 4.664:1

 

Steering

Rack and pinion

Camber: 1º

Steering wheel: 2.6 turns lock to lock

Turning circle: Left 32ft 11in,

right 33ft 1in

 

Suspension

Front: independent torsion bars

Rear: Live axle, semi-elliptic leaf spring

Lever arm dampers

Wheels & Tyres

Bolt on 5 x 14in disc

Construction

Unitary steel body with wood and aluminium panels at rear

 

Dimensions & Weight

Wheelbase: 7ft 2in

Track - front: 4ft 2.6in

Track - rear: 4ft 2.3in

Overall length: 12ft 5in

Overall width: 5ft 1in

Overall height: 5ft

Ground clearance: 6.75in

Unladen weight: 16.5cwt

Tank capacity: 6.5gals

 

Production

All variants1948-1972: 1,619,857

Morris 1000(1098cc) 1962-72(inc Traveller): 303,443

The Morris Minor is a British car that debuted at the Earls Court Motor Show, London, on 20 September 1948. Designed under the leadership of Alec Issigonis, more than 1.6 million were manufactured between 1948 and 1972 in three series: the MM (1948 to 1953), the Series II (1952 to 1956) and finally the 1000 series (1956 to 1971).

Initially available as a two-door saloon and tourer (convertible), the range was expanded to include a four-door saloon in 1950, a wood-framed estate (the Traveller) from October 1953 and panel van and pick-up truck variants from May 1953. It was the first British car to sell over one million units and is considered a classic example of automotive design, as well as typifying "Englishness".